Terms and Conditions: The PIE Live: TNE and Tech
The below terms and conditions (the “T&Cs”) along with any Agent or Event specific terms and conditions (copies of which are available upon request from PIE and/or the Agent) (together the “Conditions”) will apply to the purchase of your Ticket. Please read the Conditions carefully before purchase, as your purchase of a Ticket will constitute your acceptance of the Conditions.
1. In these T&Cs: “Agent” means the authorised agent or reseller from whom you purchased a Ticket; “Event” means an event to be held online; “PIE” means The PIE Partnership Limited; “Ticket” means a ticket for an Event; and “you” means you or anybody who in PIE’s reasonable opinion is acting with your authority or permission.
2. You will need to purchase a valid Ticket and will need to produce an access code to gain access to an Event. A Ticket is for one Event attendee. By purchasing a Ticket you agree not to share your access code or have others watching the live broadcast. A Ticket also provides individual access to the recorded version of the event. See ticket description for event access type details.
3. If you have any special need requirements for an Event, please discuss any such issues before purchasing the Ticket by contacting PIE and PIE will endeavour to assist with any such requirements. PIE’s contact details are at the end of these T&Cs.
4. Tickets are non-refundable unless an Event is cancelled, rescheduled, or where there is a material change to the Event. In the exceptionally unlikely situation where an Event is cancelled, PIE will make reasonable endeavours to notify you of the same. If an Event is cancelled, rescheduled, or materially changed, you will have the option to receive a refund as provided at paragraph 6 below.
5. Owing to the nature of live streaming an events, PIE cannot be held responsible for any access, IT, internet or wifi issues that ticket holders may experience before, during or after the Event. PIE will not be able to offer any technical support relating to any access, IT, internet or wifi issues during or after the Event.
6. The total refund for a Ticket will be the price paid for the Ticket from PIE or an Agent. Refunds will be made within 3 months of the originally proposed date of an Event. For refunds, please contact PIE at email@example.com if your Ticket was bought directly from PIE. If you purchase your Ticket from an Agent, please contact the Agent direct.
7. PIE accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of attending an Event. Nothing in these T&Cs shall exclude the liability of PIE under law for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
8. Please note that Tickets constitute personal revocable licences and remain the property of PIE at all times. Any Ticket obtained in breach of the Conditions may be refused entry or rejected from an Event.
9. Tickets may not be combined with any product or service to create a ticket package and you may not offer for sale such a package for profit or as part of a competition or incentive.
10. By purchasing a ticket, you consent to your contact details being shared with other event delegates aswell as the event sponsors and exhibitors for marketing purposes
11. You expressly consent to your image and/or likeness included within any photo or recording taken at an Event without payment, which PIE may exploit in any and all media for any purpose at any time worldwide.
13. If it is found by a court that any of the Conditions are prohibited or unenforceable, this shall not prevent the other provisions from continuing to apply.
14. Any person, other than the Promoter or the Agent or Venue, who is not a party to the Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of the Terms and Conditions.
15. The Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
16. PIE’s address is Unit A Azure House, Dragonfly Place, London SE4 2FP and may be contacted by post to this address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions: APAIE 2021 23 – 24 March 2021
Registration Terms and Conditions
• Full payment for registration fees must be received prior to the Event
• Prices are listed in USD or AUD (attendee can choose which currency to pay in)
• If you cancel your registration on or prior to 02 March 2021 you will receive a refund less a cancellation fee of USD$25. Cancellations made after 02 March 2021 are non-refundable.
• The Privacy Act 1988 provides that, before your name and contact details can be published in a list of participants you must give your consent. If you select ‘Yes, I do want my details to be included in the list of participants’ on the registration form or by email, your details may be distributed to: a) Event delegates, sponsors and exhibitors b) Organisers of future Asia-Pacific Association for International Education events
• If, for reasons beyond the control of the Organising Committee, the Event is cancelled, registration fees will be refunded after the deduction of expenses already incurred.
• By registering for the Event you are confirming consent for any video / photographs taken at the Event, in which you may appear, to be used by the Association in promotion of the Event.
• By registering for the Event, you are consenting for your data to be used as per the “Personal Data Collected” terms below. If you decide against your data being used, your registration will be cancelled less the cancellation fee above. Personal Data Collected Click here to view the Data Processing Consent Policy.
• We ask for your personal data to facilitate your participation in this event. Your data will be used solely for this event and under no circumstances be sold or used for other purposes.
• Please contact us at APAIE2021@theconferencecompany.com with any inquiries you may have.
Virtual Content Access
You understand and agree that you are accessing the Event virtual site for your own education and will not provide your log in details to another party or facilitate multiple people to view the meeting content via your device(s).
You will conduct yourself in a professional manner that is free from any form of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation. You will treat all participants with respect and consideration to create a collegial, respectful, inclusive, and professional environment at the virtual APAIE 2021 event.
This agreement is subject to the law of Australia. In the event of any legal claims arising from either party, Australia shall be the sole court of jurisdiction. Program The Asia-Pacific Association for International Education reserve the right to modify the program, which is published as an indication only.
The Asia-Pacific Association for International Education plans to record the Event, which recording will be made available on the event websites and for distribution to event registrants. In addition, the Event will be live-streamed. I acknowledge that photographs and/or videos may be taken of me and other attendees at any time during the Meetings and may be used in media, including websites and print publications.