We are moving towards a reduction in the carbon footprint of our events. We recognise the increasing need to make wiser and more informed choices on behalf of our planet and are working hard on making different decisions around the production of our events, which attract a global audience.
- At The PIE Live Europe, we will be canvassing delegates and asking how far they are travelling, by which modes of transport. From this information, we will account for and offset these unavoidable emissions via our partner, Strive.
- We also request information regarding what kind of accommodation they will book, for how many nights. From this information, we will also offset these unavoidable emissions via our partner, Strive.
- The PIE Live is a global event, thus our speaker faculty is made up of people from around the world. Any travel that does happen, will be offset in the same way as for attendees
Thanks to TCL Global, Carbon offset Partner of The PIE Live Europe.
The exhibition hall and venue:
- The Brewery do not send any waste to landfill; waste that cannot be recycled is taken by waste carrier and converted into energy.
- They recycle glass, tins, plastic, cardboard, paper, food waste, cooking oil, electronic waste, hazardous waste and toner cartridges. Staff are trained to separate waste at source and to recycle and reuse when possible.
- They donate surplus items left over from events to charities and local primary schools or reuse them in-house if appropriate: ie, notepads, pens.
- The Brewery has received a Gold Award Certificate for Clean City Awards from the City of London for the last 4 years. This scheme has promoted and rewarded best practice in waste management by City of London businesses with regards to duty of care, separation of waste, increasing recycling rates, waste reduction and reuse initiatives.
- We will minimise non-recyclable and single use plastic give-aways by asking exhibitors and sponsors to consider the environmental impact of their conference marketing materials.
- We encourage delegates to bring their own conference bag Ensuring lanyards are made from sustainable materials and no single use plastic is used.
- Choosing to print on recycled materials, where possible Ensuring coffee cups are reusable or biodegradable.
- The Brewery chefs order food in a very efficient way from suppliers to ensure there is very little waste at the end of the event.
- We request delegates RSVP and confirm their attendance to dinner to ensure we do not over cater.
- We are working towards more sustainable food options available including plant-based, seasonal and locally-sourced where possible.
- We always aim to use reusable crockery/crockery plates.
- Donating leftover food to local food charity organisations.
Going paperless wherever possible
- Offering paperless registration and check in and contact sharing.
- Ensuring all information about the event is online via our website and event app.
- Replacing paper signage with digital signage where possible throughout the venue.
- Ordering long-life signage that is not event-specific & that can be reused at future conferences.